Is there a better way to start your day than with a filling breakfast burrito? We didn’t think so either.
A personal favourite from Kyle Graham, General Manager at Blackboard Coffee Roasters, and created by the roaster’s alumni, @recipearce, this flavour-packed recipe is sure to be a crowd favourite at home and best served alongside Blackboard’s BOLD blend, made on your Linea Mini or GS3.
@recipearce‘s Brekky Burrito
Makes enough for 4 – 6 People
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Approx. 10 minutes
1 x Punnet / 200g Perino Tomatoes
1 x Tin of Black Beans
1/2 x Red Onion
Bunch of Washed Coriander
1/4 x Pineapple
2 x Limes
2 x Mild / Hot Chorizos
1 x Corn
6 x Eggs
3 x Cubes of Goat Cheese
3 x Avocados
Chipotle Hot Sauce / Mayo
Pickled Jalapeños (for the garnish)
2 x Mixing Bowls
1. For the Salsa. Fine dice 1 Punnet / 200g fo Perino Tomatoes, 1/2 Red Onion and 1/4 Pineapple (the diced ingredients should all be roughly the same size).
2. Pop the diced ingredients into a mixing bowl together with 1 Tin of Washed Black Beans and a handful of finely chopped Coriander.
3. Next, add the zest and lemon of 1 lime and a generous pinch of salt before giving the salsa a good mix.
4. For the egg mixture. Start by dicing 2 mil / hot chorizo into approx. 1cm cubes. Then remove the kernels form the cob of 1 corn (Sent both Chorizo and Corn to the side).
5. Next add 6 eggs and 3 cubes of goats cheese into a bowl. Then give the egg mixture a good wish.
6. Now heat a teaspoon of butter in a pan on high heat, before adding the Chorizo.
7. After the Chorizo has been cooking for approx. 5 minutes, add the corn and cook for a further approx. 1 minute.
8. Then add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for an additional approx. 4 minutes (refer to IGTV on how to achieve a ‘folded’ consistency rather than a scrambled consistency).
9. To assemble the burritos, start by adding a couple of tablespoons of the egg mixture to a fresh tortilla.
10. Next add a few tablespoons of the salsa and a few slices of avocado, then drizzle with some Chipotle Hot Sauce / Mayo.
11. Wrap the tortilla up tightly, ensuring all the ingredients are nicely tucked in.
12. You can serve the burrito with a fresh tortilla or you can toast it on a high-heat pan / sandwich press for approx. 2 minutes on either side.
13. Serve with lime wedges, pickled Jalapeños and some finely chopped Coriander.